Have you had trouble finding the right pair of glasses that suit your face? Well, you are in luck. As experts, we have got some interesting tips and tricks to help you find glasses that suit you best. Whether you have an oval face or a round one, finding the perfect pair of eyeglasses for your face can be a daunting task. Chances are that you may fall in love with a certain frame on display, but when you actually try it on, you may be disappointed. Today, we are going to help you choose a flattering frame for your pretty round face. Don't fret, there are over hundreds of glass styles that will be perfect for your face and help offset your features.
How can I identify my face shape?
Let's start this little guide by trying to figure out your face shape. Oval, square, round, heart or diamond, have you spent time looking into the mirror determining your face shape? The features that determine the shape of your face are - cheekbones, jawline, forehead, the length, and width of your face. Need some help determining the shape of your face? Read this interesting article. These are some of the popular distinguishing features of your face shape:
- Heart shape faces are represented by a slightly pointy chin, wide forehead, and angular jawline. For instance, Reese Witherspoon has a beautiful heart-shaped face.
- If the length and width of your face are equal and you have an angular jaw, you are blessed with a square-shaped face. Angelina Jolie, Sandra Bullock and Jennifer Aniston are some of the most popular celebrities with a square-shaped face.
- That defining narrow forehead, rounded chin and jaw along with longer face forms oval-shaped faces.
- For those blessed with diamond face shapes, it's hard to miss their strong jawline. Their faces are both long and wide.
- Finally, if you have a round face, with fuller cheeks and rounded chin, it’s a round face shape.. You may also have softer curves and very few angles. It's all about the curves. Drew Barrymore, Mila Kunis and Kate Bosworth are some of the circular-faced celebrity cuties in town.
Are you looking for some inspiration on what frames suit your face shape? Read our ultimate guide on frame shapes and face shapes to help you pick the right one.
What type of glasses suit a round face?
There are many glasses that suit round faces. From transparent frames to full-rim glasses, these are some of our absolute favourites to consider:
- Wayfarer glasses: These iconic frames are legendary and loved by Hollywood fanatics. They are one of the best choices of glasses for people with round faces. Their distinctive angle further defines your round face.
- Wooden frames: These trendy frames are made of all-natural materials. But when you choose the style of your frames, we recommend you look for rectangular frames or those that have bold angular lines.
- Transparent frames: They have been trending since 2017 and are still one of the favourites amongst shoppers. Your facial features are beautifully highlighted with these transparent frames.
- Big cat eyeglasses: They are a perfect choice for women with small round faces. The unique angular features of big cat eyeglasses give your round face a flattering look. Don't forget to check out our Cactus Eyewear collection, they are simply one of the best-looking eye-wear.
What glasses look best on a round face?
While we have given you several different choices, the best glasses for round faces are the angular frames. Sharp-angled frames add the much-required definition and depth. If you are looking for rim styles, we would recommend you consider full-rim and semi-rimless frames. Our semi-rim eye-wears are undoubtedly one of the best choices for round faces. The best frames that help break up your facial structure are rectangular and angular frames.
Should glasses cover your eyebrows?
When shopping for glasses, it's imperative to find eyeglasses that contrast and balance between your face shape and the frame you've chosen. It's highly advisable to choose glasses that do not cover your eyebrows. Be sure that the frame you choose flows well with the shape of your eyebrows. There should be an evident balance between the thickness of your eyebrows and the size of your frames. Remember, they are essential to complete your makeup look and hence it's important to look for eyewear that coincides with your eyebrows.
What glasses look good on a small face?
If you have a smaller face than most, don't worry, it's not too difficult to nail the best look. You may think every pair you try on is too large for your face. But, believe us when we say that, there are plenty of stylish and trendy eyeglasses for you to choose from. The most popular eyeglasses for small faces are rectangular, oval, and classic cat-eye frames.
Stay trendy and update your look with Optica!